10.09.2009

Salsa Chicas

Last weekend, Tamara, my mom and I got together for a day of salsa making. We always had my mom's fresh salsa growing up and the last few years, we've totally missed it!! My mom brought some of Nani's old aprons and we wore them all day. I was totally taken by surprise when I put her apron on, put it to my nose and it smelled exactly like her and her kitchen. What memories...

We had such a fun day filled with laughter, conversation, loud music, empanadas and SALSA!




Here we are, bright eyed and bushy tailed...
Then, 8 hours later...not so bright eyed, or bushy tailed :)

Thanks Mamacita for teaching us everything you know about canning! Like Dad said, it is becoming a 'lost art'. :)

5 comments:

Burrell said...

Did I already comment on this? Seems like I did. No. Wait. I didn't. I remember specifically reading it and thinking, "I'll comment later when I get a better word verification." But that time has not yet come and frankly, I tired of waiting. So here is what I wanted to say.
I would like some salsa please.

philloy

If you bring me some of that salsa, I won't throw this philloy at your head.

Burrell said...

And P.S.
Canning truly is a lost art. And it's very very sad.

invistl

Even though you couldn't see me because I was invistl, I was still there, canning with you. In your heart.

Tamara with a "T" said...

This was such a fun and tiring day! I LOVED every minute of it. Seriously. We had so much fun talking, listening to music, peeling, cutting, boiling, laughing, crying (onions). I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love you sista! I love salsa too.

Cami Jo said...

How fun. Looks like you'll never run out!

Jamie said...

looks delicious! I'm now craving salsa for breakfast.